Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Lucky Star (2007 Taiwanese Drama) Review

My Lucky Star main casts
After watching the whole series, I would give My Lucky Star 9 out of 10 stars because it definitely hooked me and my cousin's heart till the end. I declare that this is my best taiwanese drama watched so far. Aww from start to finish, the whole drama never bored us that we have to sleep late just to finish one hour each episode (but it took me a week to finish it because of school stuffs). Whew! So what are the reasons why we were so crazy with this drama? CHECK this out.

CHARACTERS
The Jimmy Lin-Yoo Hana tandem has chemistry (not to mention Jimmy is already 33 here while the Korean Hana is just 21 while shooting this drama, isn't it amazing?). If you will just look at them regardless of their age they seem to be so good together. Hence, the pairing of these two is very very very good, BRAVO to all the staff of this show for choosing them. They are both attractive and everytime they make a cheesy scene they always nailed it to the point we burst to uncontrollable smiles and shivering with excitement. Hey Mr Jimmy Lin, why do you have to be so handsome? Your looks is so attractive and not only that, you're talented and smart too. As for Ha Na, she's really pretty and she's sticking to her character as the invincible and high-spirited Ah Xing that makes the story better as it goes on. I wish you two end up together as you guys make a lovable couple. They both look good at any angles and in different face expressions. A very nice pair so far!

The comedy is worth a laugh, thanks for the supportive characters like Uncle Guang Ming who is an epic fail at all times. I just have to admit that I don't like seeing Tian Qi's ex-girlfriend Ou Ya Ruo still rooting for him even though she's engaged to someone else and that was Tian Qi's brother Tian Jun. 

In the half part of the story, there comes the hot, cool and fearless Han Zhi Yin who was starstrucked by Ah Xing because of her character. This made half of the drama something to be watched as he comes to Ah Xing's rescue every now and then. His aura is sooo cool. 


STORY: Though we're already spoiled of a poor girl rich boy kind of story but I really like the realistic approach of this one. There may be people who don't agree with their love story but it can be mended through time. I truly admire Tian Qi's love for Ah Xing coz his love is unconditional, he's ready to give up everything (even leaving his own family) and work hard for the things that make Ah Xing happy. The trials spiced up the story, thrilling scenes such as the car racing competition between Tian Qi and the extoriionist Fa Ge where Jimmy Lin showcased his burning passion in car racing and so with Han Zhi Yin as well. Every episode is a must-see as something would happen  

ENDING
As for the ending...I have to say. I WAAAANNNNTTTT MOOOOREE! Hey, why do they have to end there? I laughed at the fact that my cousin really looked for an episode 21 but she failed. At least the conflicts brought from the previous episodes were solved and I think this already suffice to a good ending. Anyway, I assume they will get married soon because Ah Xing was already pregnant.


LESSON
For someone who's like Ah Xing, the girl who cries like a wolf and telling lies all the time, it's not the end of the world yet. We are all given the chance to make things right and start anew. Also, I see the point of  'everything happens for a reason' because if Ah Xing didn't persevere to be given a parole so soon then she and Tian Qi will not be destined to meet at a very circumstantial manner. It's like life sometimes leads you to unexpected events. There are ten thousand possibilities (as Ah Xing said) to choose from and Tian Qi really choose the path with Ah Xing. Aww, so sweet!

Also, since Zhong Tian Qi's family is in jewelry industry it also imbibe with Ah Xing's passion in jewelry designing giving us hint that every design has its story behind it and how important it is to create something of your own needless to copy other's idea.

Ahh..I hate the fact that the drama had to end on episode 20 but then, My Lucky Star made me laugh, made my heart touched as well as made me fall in love. ♥_♥ Thank you Thank you Thank you sooo much for the casts and the rest of the crew. I think it will take me months to move on and get to watch a touching drama same as this.



















2 comments:

sasa said...

No.. there are 31 episodes and it's happy ending.

Anonymous said...

My lucky star is my fav drama all the time🩷🩷Tian Qi is my first love 😅❤