Wednesday, November 9, 2022

CPD UNITS TO RENEW MY LICENSE

Last January 2019, I was able to renew my medical technologist license even though I didn’t meet the required 45 CPD units of 3 years. I only got 27 points. I just took the opportunity to avail the waiver before this privilege is abolished.

Before I booked an appointment, I secured my certificates first. PRC has reiterated that each seminar should have an accreditation number and its corresponding units. But do you know how much each of the seminars cost me?

·         Hematology training – 3000Php worth 10 CPD units

·         Blood Bank training – 2500php worth 6 CPD units

·         Parasitology training – 3000php worth of 11 CPD units

Imagine, I spent 8500 pesos for these seminars and I still owe them 18 points! Huhu.

I could have presented my drug analyst training certificate but since it doesn’t have CPD units, I just kept it.

HOW TO RENEW YOUR LICENSE?

Obviously, you need to renew your license before the expiration date. Since we have to do online appointment, it is advisable to book your schedule months before the expiration date. In there, you choose your preferred date and don’t forget to take note of your registration code.

When the appointment date comes, bring your certificates and go to PRC office early. Pay the renewal amount

For me, the CPD is just another burden for medical technologists in the Philippines. This should be abolished as soon as possible. Who in their right minds would require CPD units, when each seminars cost an arm and a leg and our salary is not enough to sustain us at the end of month? I mean, come to think of it!

 


No comments: