Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Cindy the MT's Timeline to American Dream

Hello Guys, I'm gonna put my timeline of experience here from the time I worked as a medical technologist in the Philippines up until I got hired in the US. The journey towards fulfilling my American dream was very difficult but with God, it was made possible.

Here started my journey as a medical laboratory scientist:
  • May 2015 - graduated with Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology at Southwestern University
  • September 2015 - passed Medical Technology Licensure exam 
  • October 2015 to April 2016 - worked at THCDC (freestanding laboratory) 
  • February 2016 - Certified Drug Analyst 
  • April 18, 2016 - got hired by CDUH (300 bed capacity tertiary hospital) 
  • Whole 2017 - WARDING (phlebotomy department) days, review for ASCPi and work, work, work to earn for my certification exams 
  • Whole 2018 - Rotated in Hematology, Clinical Microscopy, Blood Banking 
  • April 26, 2018 - passed MLS ASCPi exam 
  • June 2018- sent my Transcript of Records to be evaluated by JSILNY 
  • February 23, 2019 - passed IELTS exam 
  • March - June 2019- Visascreen processing period until certified 
  • May 2019 - Got hired as a Part time drug analyst at an LTO accredited drug testing facility 
  • June- August 2019 - Job searching for MT positions in the US thru Internet 
  • August 2019 - Rotated in Special and Routine Chemistry 
  • September 2019 - employer called me for an interview
  • October 2019 - got hired and accepted their job offer (direct-hired) 
  • November 2019 - commencement of H-1B processing including approval of LCA 
  • December 2019 - approval of H-1B petition 
  • January 2020 - US embassy interview and approval of my H-1B visa 
  • February 2020 - POLO contract processing 
  • March 2020 - POEA processing, OEC issuance 
  • March 2020 to June 2020 - Deployment delayed due to COVID pandemic. 
  • July 7, 2020 - finally arrived at Sioux City, Iowa, USA!
Although, there was a delay in my US employment but it didn't make me feel disappointed and instead I put my firm trust to God that everything's gonna be alright. Because of the COVID outbreak I also understand the company's concern to halt the deployment since it's also risky to put our lives in danger. Much more the number of cases are still up and there's no vaccine yet as of this writing. During the lockdown period, I spent my time doing the things that I love and enjoying the remaining my time with my family. I believe that everything has a reason. 

Well, the primary formula of my timeline is patience. I learned to be patient because I need to work for my family. God is my provider. I also took part time for reliever jobs to augment for my certification exams. I realized that nothing's good with rushing things because it will just produce bad outcomes. 

I hope that this blog will inspire you to never stop dreaming! Keep working on your dreams and put your strong faith in God. He is a good companion. He will never leave you in the process. Believe in yourself as well!

No comments: