Friday, July 17, 2020

Buhay OFW 101: Videocalling is the new normal

Until now, it is still new to me to use Messenger as one way to communicate with my family. I still wish I could fly back home and be with them. Whenever I speak to them online, I want to hug them. I miss them so much I was just holding back my tears. 

Usually they are the ones who call me because I can accept it immediately. Adjustments to time has to be made because we are in different timezones already. I'm awake in US while it's nighttime in the Philippines.We usually talk in the morning and in the afternoon before I sleep. Well, I could talk for hours with them about everything under the sun but the most important is, we keep on reminding each other to pray and take care of ourselves. My heart is glad when I see my family smiling as we exchange jokes. My family still laughs at my corny jokes, one thing that I miss the most.

I think I need to get used to messenger now. With technology, communication is made convenient. My homesickness was lessened. I get to see them and talk to them in real time and the difference is only distance. I can't wait till I finish my contract and rush home.

No comments: