Saturday, May 30, 2020

My Quarantine Diaries

Binge reading my favorite author's books

My days during the quarantine period have been very productive.

We never say we are bored staying in the house since there are lots of things to be done in the first place. It’s like every single day, we need to accomplish goals and I found myself planning what to do for the next day. Set aside tiktok and netflix for a while, here are the things that kept me busy:

1.       Household Chores
·         Having a two-story house isn’t easy to clean. With seven spacious bedrooms (dusting and rearranging furnitures and organizing stuffs) it’s impossible to finish all of it in one day. Also, it is not nature of our parents to just sit on the couch the whole day since they are always up to something, most of it cleaning. So as their children, we take initiatives to help. I need extra hand to get it done so I always ask my siblings to help me with the activities. These take the whole morning until lunchtime comes.
·         We take turns in washing the dishes as well. One has to sweep and mop the floor and another has to wipe the dishes before we watch TV.
·         As for the laundry, I and my sister do it every other day.

2.       Reading books
·         Being a bookworm, I made sure I allocate time for reading. I do this in the afternoon. I challenged myself to read as many books as I can. I’m more focused on books bought from Big Bad Wolf since I was impulsive in buying it last year. I just thought that this is the right time to make use of them. As of this writing, I am starting to read Mark Twain’s The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
Made finishing touches of my song compositions 

3.       Awakening my musical interests
·         I started tuning my guitar and doing song covers once again as my stress reliever. There’s always music whenever we wash our clothes too to take away boredom.
·         I completed my unfinished song compositions
·         I saw improvements in finding my vocal range. I want to be an opera singer!

4.       Rosary
·         Improving our spiritual life is essential. With the cases of COVID-19 rising, we seek intervention of our heavenly father with intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary to help us win this battle. We do this in the evening, when we’re done washing the dishes. I thank God that the whole family is participative where aside from reciting the rosary, we also offer our heartfelt petitions for humanity and for the whole world.

5.       Relax
·         Every once in a while we tend to rest and relax. Since I’m out of work, an eight hours of sleep is what I really deserve. With so much hatred and negativities in social media, I tend to cut down my internet usage and instead, I spend time with my family by watching movies or sharing jokes with them.  
·         Of course, I use Tiktok once in a while. I also watch Youtube and Netflix videos if I have enough mobile data. Of course, I’m reviving my blog site as well by writing drafts.

At the end of the day, I realized that things are worth it. Maybe this outbreak is an avenue to keep families closer together but again, I hope this pandemic will end soon and everything will be back to normal. After all, I still hope we can go to malls and enjoy outdoor activities before I fly to the US. I hope your quarantine days are as enjoyable as mine. Keep safe and stay indoors!

No comments: