Sunday, May 31, 2020

My Comforting Songs

There are times when I just couldn't understand what's happening in my life. So for me to escape my problems, I resort to listening songs that lift my soul up. When listening to each music and its lyrics, I feel it's as if God is talking to me. He reassures me that he's always there in good times and bad times no matter what.

My life is a mess. Tough times really made me feel like I'm alone and I wonder if I could go on. Sometimes, I find myself crying in the middle of the song. Truly, music is my medicine. Without these meaningful songs, I wouldn't overcome depression, the darkest period of my life when I always thought of the negativities in the world.

When I feel down, I quickly open my playlist. Although these songs are old but they never fail to encourage me. It's really true that you'll get to understand the meaning of the lyrics when you're sad. I thank God for the singers, who delivered these beautiful songs to enliven the weakening spirit of mine.

Aside from my Hillsong worship songs, these are what I call my 'comforter songs' because I can feel God's presence comforting me when I'm in the verge of surrendering.

Here are my comforting tracks:

My Love will see you through by Marco Sison
- I always hear my father singing this song wholeheartedly. This is one of his favorite karaoke piece. God knows how we faced the turmoils in the family but with Him as the center of our faith, we hold on to His promise.

When the future is bleak, the song gives me strength to work on my dreams, to beat the odds, and to conquer my fear for I have God beside me.

My every success is not possible without God at my side.

I will be here for you by Michael W Smith
-At first, I thought that this is a love song but when I tried to understand the lyrics, I realized that God wants us to know that he's always there watching over us. I love listening to this song most especially at the middle of the night. I think of God as my protector, he will never forsake me. I just knew that Michael W Smith is a Christian worship singer like Don Moen.

Kung Kailangan Mo Ako by Rey Valera
- A well known OPM that never gets old. To an introvert like me, Papa Jesus is my bestfriend, my confidante to all my problems. I just felt relieved listening to this song. Rey Valera's relaxing voice adds the emotion of sincerity.

Take me I'll follow by Bobby Caldwell
- Following the path to God has never been easy. We have to undergo hardships and struggles. Each passing day, I want to follow God. I want him to lead my life. 

I see you Lord by Aiza Seguerra
- The first time I hear this song was from an invocation. The song is soothing. It makes you feel God's wonderful creations and be thankful of His amazing grace. This is a constant reminder that we should feel him.

That ends my Top 5 comforting songs.
I hope that my selection of songs could deliver the same message to you as it had inflicted on me. These songs are inspirational and it should be valued by the generations of today. It will be a constant reminder that we are not alone as we continue to wander into this world.

No comments: