Monday, May 25, 2020

Ang Dating Daan and Bro. Eli Soriano

I’m a proud Roman Catholic but my faith in God was strengthened with the help of this one-of-a-kind preacher, Bro. Eli Soriano.

For me, Bro. Eli is a blessing God sent to us. He is the true evangelist of this generation. Even though he comes from another religion, the Members Church of God International (MCGI), but he earned my respect. I've learned so much from his bible exposition program, Ang Dating Daan at UNTV Channel 10. Many people from different religious sects ask him about their confusions of the bible and His answers are always based in the bible. His explanation is crystal clear!

You can catch Bro. Eli's bible studies on youtube or facebook.

Bro. Eli is full of wisdom. He is so familiar with the scriptures. Not only was I able to understand the context of each bible verse he points out but he is also shares his knowledge on science and history. Although he is praised by his impressive knowledge about the bible but he remains humble and attributed his talent to God. I also admire him for being so brave in protecting the teachings of the bible. He isn’t afraid to attack pastors and to correct the wrong doctrines taught by other religions.

He answered my confusions regarding other religion’s beliefs about:

·         God the father and God the son, Jesus

·         Tithes

·         Eating pork

·         Statue of saints

·         Purgatory

·         Reincarnation

·         Sign of the cross

After hearing his explanation about these, I was guilty since I do the sign of the cross and believe in the Saints. I was taught the Roman Catholic doctrine since I was a kid. Although, there were differences about belief but I think what matters most is that Bro. Eli always emphasizes that God the father is a loving God and that He sent His son, Jesus Christ to save us from our sins. He always reminds us to love your fellowmen and follow the will of God.

You may call me weird but it is never weird to seek the truth most especially when it talks about God. During this quarantine period, I prefer to watch his bible studies and expositions over anything else. He gives sensible advices to those who ask him about hardships that we encounter. Every day, I read the gospel. Also, I listen to MCGI worship songs every morning as I found them uplifting and make a good start to my day. Each day, I feel God is always with us.

How I wish to see him in person. I don’t care what other religions say about Bro. Eli because I know God will protect him. I hope God will give Bro. Eli long life to inspire and enlighten other people’s minds to read the bible for their salvation. We may not know the Day of Judgment but at least we are prepared by doing God’s commandments as we continue to live in this complicated world full of sin.

I recommend everyone to watch Ang Dating Daan in UNTV Channel 10 or in Youtube. We never know, Bro. Eli could answer that question boggling in your mind for so long.


No comments: